Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Chiptalk HU Tourny

16 player field, run over the course of a few weeks, with matches scheduled on our own. The great news about this is that we can set them up at our discretion. In other words, we can play 2 out of 3, 3/5, 4/7, whatever floats our respective boats.

I played scottwire in my first match and beat him 2/3. Last night JM and I played 4 of our best of 5. He crushed me in the first, I had him down 2:1 in the second until A7s < 78s aipf. He went up 2-0, and I had to work hard to get even at the end of the night.

The rubber match is tonight at 9pm local. I'd like to comment and put up some hands, but I'm too paranoid about potential foes reading up. I'll do that after I take it down.

PS: Our quadrant of the draw was scottwire, JM, mrticsay and me. No offense to the rest of the field, but these are possibly the strongest 4 players of the 16, and I've already filed an official complaint to the appropriate regulatory body.

2 comments:

Wes917 said...

Hey I take offense lol I didn't make that list. Ended up taking Jamby's spot and since I only had like 2 days we had to play just 1 match as opposed to 2/3. JDL ran like the sun in that match. Have fun TID.

Matthew Feldman said...

dude, did i forget to mention that LB was in the field too????

i forgot about you b/c when the draw went up i was all steamed and you weren't in the field yet. so i'm still stuck on the draw as it was originally published.