Thursday, October 9, 2008

Yeah, that's right, I'm not posting.

You know why? B/c I'm a bitch and last month sucked. I'll post stats later, but I finished down a few buyins. Nothing catastrophic, but yeah it sucked.

Issues:
1) timing.
Seamus started kindergarten, so I stopped playing so much in the afternoon when the family is home (they were pissed at me about it), and started working on getting in all my hands noon-3 or so. These hours are packed at P*, but they suck. I mean...they suck. Usually 2 platinum grinders at every good table I find, and of course they have as many hands on me as I do on them, and blah blah blah. I long for the days of playing in the evening, but I'm gonna have to figure out how to start playing those hours again.

2) variance (?)
Who fuckin' knows? All I know is that I played 18k hands and had something like 6 swings of 7 buyins or more last month. I mean...really?

3) the fuckin economy
I'm discouraged about my chances to get in more than a year of real volume. With the way things have turned, we're seriously concerned about our prospects for a really good refinance deal in 2 years with only one income. Chances are I'll be teaching again in the fall, which means my days of even 10k+ hands/month will be over. Which turns what I'm doing now back into dabbling, fucking around. sigh...

Also, J-fuckin-M and my headup match, of course, got down to a shovefest in the 5th match of five. Of course I'm bitching now, and of course it's prolly an exaggeration, but he basically did what I figured he'd do, which is to call down in most big pots with any piece of the board. With a minute to go, I brick out the river, have 1300 behind, JM has 1000 behind, and there's 700 in the pot. I decide to bluff it so that I can run him over at 50/100, knowing there's a really good chance he'll call with a single pair on a scary'ish board. So yeah, he calls, I'm handcuffed with the big blinds, game over. blurg. I'll see if I can find some hands later.

1 comment:

Wes917 said...

Heading back to the classroom huh? Honestly prolly a good thing as we need good teachers in our schooling systems. Also yeah I know your pain on the time issue especially now that Effrom is here. Head back to tourney's? I mean make up for the lack of time with volume 20 tabling?