Monday, July 28, 2008

A Generic Update

pet


Getting near 10k hands for the month. I've only played 10 days and I'm at 9400 hands, 8.6ptbb/100. Obviously way down from the other day, but still above my goal for August.

I went to two plus two to read up on 3betting ranges, b/c I started noticing how often I was getting 3bet, and was a bit confused by it. Sticky threads are a must b/c the content in microlimit is booty. Found good stuff and have been playing with it. What I found really helped me, with my 3betting and understanding my foes'.

Swapped hands with littlebu and have to find time to work on that. Should be fun, and I'm excited to see what he has for me. I'm on pace to make gold this month and want to make sure I get there...figured out that I've been getting about 300 base points per 1000 hands of play, and with 3 days left of the month and 900 points back, I should just make it. Also, I figured out how to get some money onto p* so I can get the 40% bonus.

Excited about how things are going, although it's been rocky. It's funny, I played 2500 hands today and tilted nearly none, but when I played the CT MMN QTOC tonight and was crippled when a guy 4 bet a Queen on 3rd street in stud hi/lo I nearly lost my mind. Then I went to play the LNPT, got it in 3 ways with middle set v TPTK and a flush draw (the flush draw called all in after 2 AI's in front of him, and of course got there. THAT made me quit playing for the night...losing $16.50 in tournaments.

Glad I've switched over...maybe I'll just stop playing tournaments altogether.

No comments: