Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Resolution #1: No more chasing vpp status at p*


In looking over my PT stuff in the last few days, Hachkc at chiptalk helped me realize how dumb i am. although i'm a small winner for 2008 (see my last post), i actually am in the red in cash games b/c of the 5k hands or so that i've played shortstacking 1/2. at the end of months where i don't play much i'll be somewhere short of the 1500 points i need to keep my silver star at p*, and i'll spend a night or two playing 1/2 with a $45 stack to get the points needed for my star. i get the star, but often drop a couple buyins in the process.

woohoo! result: i get 1.5 fpps for the following month. bad news...they aren't worth jack. in almost 4 years playing at p*, the sum result of my fpps are: one hoodie, one ipod nano, and one bose sound dock. sounds pretty good until you realize that i've been paying rake at p* for FOUR YEARS.

i'm saving up again, and hope to one day cash them in for something sweet (xbox, 160g ipod...), but it behooves me to get my status the old fashioned way, by playing stakes i can beat. this is also part of my move to .25/.5, where vpps are a bit easier to come buy and the end of the month chase won't be as big a deal.

coming soon, resolution #2. excited?

No comments: