Thursday, July 24, 2008

My First Non-good Day at .25/.50


Eh...hard to say it's a bad day when you lose a 1/2 buyin, but it's the first day I didn't kill it and...well sometimes you just think you're gonna win every day. Some hands of note:
I don't know what the heck happened here, except that it's a super easy fold on the river. Also, I present this hand b/c these two jokers played two more big pots with me, which you'll see in a minute.


I really really regretted this pot. Villain is 20/17/4, so basically a really tough player at this limit. I don't mind the river bluff (perfect card), but don't know why I made it so small. Basically he'd fold air but be happy to call that number with the hand he had. I guess I tried to make it looks scary, but with one pair he was happy enough to showdown there.


Back to this Corazon fellow. He played 60 hands at 87vpip (!) 26pfr 3agg. He was on my left, but I wasn't too concerned with that b/c...well...he was playing any two. I'm not sure exactly why I flatcalled preflop, and don't know what I would have done if the 3rd man was interested on the flop, but as played it was a pretty easy calldown against this villain.


This guy firstsniper was also over 80%, which made me fine with this cbet. This is the kind of hand, I'm sure of it, that leads to the swings that I tend to take :/.


A minor cold deck, but I'm simply never folding to these two in this spot.


Another hand against the jokers, in which I'm happy to get it all in as a favorite (oops, only 44% :o).


In the afternoon I played another 300 hands, and lost a bit, but there's nothing of note...just missed too many flops, maybe cbet a bit much. Overall, I'm not worried about the doomswitch or anything, just a blah day. I continue to collect data on regulars, which is nice, and to sort out what works and what doesn't. I'm optimistic, and if things go well my online bankroll will hit a new high in the next week or so.

No comments: